We hope you and your family are safe and well in this time of uncertainty. In light of the COVID-19 situation, we decided to organize the ILO COOP Centenary Launch as a webinar, next Monday, 23 March 2020 from 13:30 to 15:00 (CET).
This is the actual date when the decision to establish a Section of Co-operation (now Cooperatives Unit) was adopted during the third session of the ILO Governing Body in 1920.
This webinar will reflect on the ILO’s contributions to the development of cooperatives and the wider social and solidarity economy (SSE) across time and discuss potential roles of cooperatives and the SSE in a changing world of work. A report highlighting cooperative innovations in responding to the refugee crises will also be launched during this webinar.
- Marieke Louis, Historian and Associate Professor at Sciences Po Grenoble
- Jürgen Schwettmann, former ILO official and ILO COOP Chief from 2000 to 2006
- Anna Biondi, Deputy Director ILO Bureau for Workers Activities (ACTRAV)
- Ramin Behzad, Representative of Iran (Labour Counselor) at the ILO in Geneva, Iranian Ministry of Cooperatives, Labour and Social Welfare
- Courtenay Cabot Venton, Independent Consultant and author of the ILO report on cooperative responses to refugee crises
To watch the webinar, please click here: https://youtu.be/W9_PbFua-WE
Thank you and kind regards,
ILO Cooperatives Unit